Well, turns out I for sure never had a stress fracture. It took 3 different doctors and 7 months to finally figure out what is stinking up with my foot! I went this week to see an Orthopedic Surgeon down in Utah county. I heard he was "the best". So, I made the trek down hoping that I wouldn't be told that I would have to go under the knife. After a slew of x-rays, weight bearing ones no less, I was told there was definitely no evidence of any stress fractures. So, what's wrong then? Peroneus brevis Tendonitis. He hooked me up with some wedges that I wear inside my every day shoes and I need orthotics for my running shoes. Since the master-guru-orthotic maker wasn't in the office that day I have to head down south again in a few weeks. I also need to make sure that my runnng shoes are supernators and not for pronating. They need to be heavily cushioned or shock absorbing shoes without any motion control. I am so relieved that I don't need surgery that I almost don't mind waiting another couple weeks before I get to run again. Almost. I can't believe I haven't been running since mid-May. I think I am starting to develop a nervous tick, so this comes at a great time! I'd be lying if I didn't say I am a bit nervous to get this saggy, post-surgery body moving again though. So, wish me luck! Definitely some sore days in my future!
Summa Summa Time!!!
8 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment