Tuesday, October 11, 2011

No Jar Left Behind 2011




This years canning season is headin to a close. While I always enjoy it I am also always a little relieved to see it come to an end. Now I am ready to pull out the ol' steamer and attack the kitchen. Here is what I put up this year.




  • Blueberry Syrup

  • Peaches

  • Pears

  • Spaghetti Sauce

  • Sweet and Sour Sauce

  • Tomatoes

  • Peach Salsa

  • Peach BBQ Sauce

  • Tomato Jelly

  • Autumn Cranberry Pear Jam


Peach Salsa


makes 4-5 pints



1/2 c. white vinegar

6 cups peeled, pitted and chopped peaches

1 1/4 c. chopped red onion (about 1 Large)

4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped

1 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped

1 bunch chopped cilantro

2 T liquid honey

1 clove garlic, finely chopped

1 1/2 t ground cumin



Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to boil over med hi heat, stirring constantly.

Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.

Remove from heat. Ladle into hot jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.

Wipe rim, adjust lid and ring. Process in a boiling water canner for 15 minutes. At my altitude (4500 ft) process for 25 minutes.

No comments: