Friday, June 15, 2012

Flashback Friday: Ragnar Wasatch Back 2011

For Flashback Friday I figured I better hurry and get my photos from Ragnar last year on the old Blog, mostly because Ragnar Wasatch Back 2012 starts TODAY! Don't ask me if I am ready.


We were in van 1, all of us were Ragnar newbies this year, except Matt, the guy second from the left.  My sister Jen, Matt, Jen's Brother-in-law Kent, we called him the Kentyan because he ran 7 minute miles on average, Me, and Kent's teenage son Jace. Kent's wife Lisa was the one taking the photo. She made amazing food for us to enjoy. We will miss her cooler full of yumminess this year as she and the Kentyan will be in Van 1 while Jen and I were bumped to Van 2.



I had to make the photos black and white to keep from blinding you with my farmers tan. It was intense!



I was runner 2 of 12, I ran three different legs of the race totaling in about 11.5 miles overall. My first run was around 1:30 PM, it was about 6.7 miles through Nibley and Hyrum, my second run was about 10:30 PM for 3 miles heading into Morgan, then my final leg was around 7:30 AM for just under 4 miles through Francis. It was so much fun, even though around 2:30 AM I seriously wondered what on earth I was doing. I obviously loved it enough that I signed up again this year, even though I was handed a SERIOUSLY harder leg. I know I am crazy.


This was about 3/4 of the way through my first leg, I was seriously tempted to walk up this long, terrible hill, until I saw Jen taking photos of me. Talk about putting on the pressure!


This was Jen during one of her runs, she was definititely not in the mood for any more "support" from the van.

After this there wasn't much photo taking. We were too busy running, eating, trying to sleep, running, waiting in honey bucket lines, laughing and commiserating with one another. And more running.
It was awesome!

 2011 Wasatch Back Ragnar Team
197.4 miles
29 hours 6 minutes and 02.4 seconds
#119 out of 823  overall Co-Ed teams
#93 out of 713 Co-Ed Open teams
Special Thanks goes to Nate and to Fran for being our team volunteers! We couldn't have done it without you!!


No comments: