On Sunday, January 13th, our Young Womens Presidency was released.
Unexpectedly. Being 1st Counselor, this obviously had an impact on me.
I was called to this position 15 months ago. Straight from the Primary Presidency I went to the Young Women's Presidency. It was completely overwhelming.
Primary had been my home for FIVE years and I was super tight with my Primary Presidency.
Super Tight.
I kind of went into mourning.
Although I had been in a Young Women's Presidency before and loved it I found this transition to be more difficult. Part of it was that I was going into an existing Presidency and my poor Mia Maids had had their leaders switched out numerous times in the previous year or so. So, they were not really in the mood to open up to a new leader, again, when who knows how long she was gonna be around.
It was super rough the first four months.
But as time went on, we got close to each other and had a GREAT time together.
So, when I got told our Presidency was being released, it was rough. We were just getting traction. Just getting to the nitty gritty of it all. I was feeling great about where we were heading. I was super excited to explore the new curriculum with my girls. It took a little time to get past the shock and then process the change. Part of that processing took place at our Presidency's last Mutual activity.
We went down to the Church History Museum in Salt Lake City.
It was wonderful. I am sure gonna miss hanging with my girls.
I am super excited to see the girls work with the new Leaders and see how much they grow.
Tiffany Prince, Jen Mote, Wendy Adams, Nicole Barnes, Robyn Zito, Ronda Mills
We always had so much fun together.
Here is a picture of me with some of the girls I had in Mia Maids this last year or so.
Annie A., Jessica H., Jamie M., Mariah S., Sofiya Q., Alicia C., Josie B., Tatum T., and of course ME






No comments:
Post a Comment