Tonight I had the privilege to go with my wonderful Mom and with my Ally girl to the General Women's Conference broadcast at our Stake Center.
It was wonderful and I really enjoyed having my Ally girl come with me for the first time. She is so wonderful and such a blessing to our family. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family.
I really felt like a high-tower. I was even wearing flats and my Mom was wearing little wedges. hah!
I felt the spirit so strong throughout the broadcast and I know that Elder Eyring's talk was written just for me. So much of what he said I needed to hear and it touched my heart deeply.
"...those feelings are placed deep in the heart's of all of Heavenly Father's daughters. That is part of your divine heritage from Him. You were tutored by him before you came into this life. He helped you understand and accept that you would have trials, tests and opportunities perfectly chosen just for you. You learned that our Father had a Plan of Happiness to get you safely through those trials and that you would help bring others safely through theirs. This Plan is marked by covenants with God. It is our choice whether we make and keep those covenants. Only a few of His daughters have the opportunity in this life to even learn of those covenants. You are one of the favored few. You, dear sisters, each of you, is a daughter in the covenant. Heavenly Father taught you before you were born about the experiences you would have as you left Him and came to Earth. You were taught that the way back home to Him would not be easy. He knew that it would be too hard for you to make the journey without help. You have been blessed not only to find the way to make those covenants in this life, but to be surrounded by others who will help--who, like you, are covenant daughters of Heavenly Father."


No comments:
Post a Comment