Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Spirit of Elijah

I feel compelled to share with you an experience that I had today. 
While I was sitting in Sacrament meeting, 
my mind was wandering a bit through the various things happening in my life right now. 

The good, the bad and the ugly

I eventually got thinking about the different family history projects I am currently focusing on. 
I thought about how fun it has been to get to "know" my ancestors. 

To know their faces, not just their names.
 To hear stories of their lives 
and of their own hard lessons learned. 
The scripture came to my mind 

"turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, 
and the children to the fathers..". 

I immediately thought of how this has come to life for me! 
Instead of it just being a nice sounding scripture with a nice thought that I have heard before, it suddenly came to life for me!
 The thought and feeling that
 I LOVE THEM

 flooded over me so completely

that I was immediately overcome with emotion. 
While facing trials of faith and adversity this year 
I have enjoyed the 
eternal perspective and 

BIG PICTURE 

that family history has given me. 
However, now feeling the LOVE I have for them 
I also was blessed with feeling the LOVE they have in turn for ME! Even writing this now, 

my heart is so full and I am so full of love
 and the Spirit that I KNOW that what I am feeling is true.

 It is such a warm and comforting feeling to know that I am loved and that I am being watched after by so many on the other side. 
I know that they are also aware of me and pulling for me

I look forward to the day when I get to "meet" them 
on the other side and truly know them. 

I TESTIFY that the Spirit of Elijah is real

 and I invite everyone to strive for their own experiences with their

 own family.

No comments: