Today since my Venture kids were out of school we decided to go have a little adventure.
Since Ryland has become quite the Birder, we decided to head to the
Bear River Bird Refuge in Brigham City.
It is so beautiful and peaceful out there. I love it.
We had quite a time taking a photo of the four of us with the big camera, but after 4 tries we finally got us all in there.
It is Swan season at the Refuge. So we saw our fair share of those but we also saw a few other birds as well.
The biggest adventure of the day was that I surprised Ally with her first driving lesson.
Since it is a single lane, one-way, dirt road with a speed limit of 25 I figured, WHY NOT!
It was an especially slow day for the refuge so I figured she would be able to keep us safe. She got up to 25 miles per hour a couple of times, but mostly we just inched along, which is perfect for a birding expedition.
She had a bit of a challenge reaching the pedals and seeing over the wheel when she sat all the way back. She was a little jerky on the stop and go, still getting used to the finesse of it all. She only knocked the other 2 kids out of their seats once when she hit the brake a little too hard. Ryland spilled his water bottle all over himself and Evelyn got a little carpet burn on her temple from hitting the back of the drivers seat, but all in all we were A-OK. She has found a sudden interest in Birding now, I wonder why?





No comments:
Post a Comment