Saturday, June 13, 2009

Marital Compromises

Nate and I came up with a GREAT compromise today! We both encountered MAJOR pet peeves we have with each other and decided to join forces to eradicate these marital annoyances once and for all!

RONDA: I CANNOT stand it when...he puts empty sippy cups in the fridge. Or when he puts dirty dishes in or around the sink when the dishwasher is clearly begging for more dirty dishes so we can start the dang thing already! Lastly, when he puts leftovers in the fridge WITHOUT saran wrap!

NATE: He absolutly loathes going into the garage and finding-YET AGAIN- that I have secretly gotten impatient with how quickly the weed eating is getting done and used his weed eater incorrectly! AGAIN! Then it takes him almost an hour to correct what I have done wrong with the blasted contraption my yard can't live without!

So...after both experiencing said pet peeves at some point today we came upon the perfect marital compromise!
I vowed (yes...I said vowed! As in marital vow important!) to never again use his weed eater UNSUPERVISED! Ever Again!
He in turn vowed to NEVER again make me walk into my kitchen look in the fridge and or the sink and cringe!

Life around here should be even better now! That's saying something too b/c it's pretty dang good around here! So, if you're ever wondering how it is going just drive by and check out our weed eating!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Nice one guys! Isn't it funny that it takes almost 12 years to discover how to care for our annoiances?!! Okay, it's telling me I just spelled that wrong, so I'm off! :) Glad to see you working things out so well! I don't dare ask Trav what bugs him, I fear the list would be larger!

The Spencer Family said...

Too Funny! Rex's obsession with the dust buster and cleaning around people when they are still eating makes me crazy!! I am sure he has a list a mile long about me :) Call me!

Carissa said...

I cannot figure out our weed eater either! What is it with those things?

The Garrs said...

Ronda-
Hey, I'm glad you found me on Carissa's blog. Now we have a way to keep in touch.