I have been meaning to join Bloom Day for quite some time now. I always seem to miss it. Well, not today! Even though it was like living in Idaho with the crazy wind we had today, I still went out and took some photos of what's blooming in my garden this 15th day of May. Earlier in the day Nate spied Ethan through the window trying to protect one of our young trees while it was being whipped around in the wind. Isn't he a sweetie?
Just a quick shot of the front of the house. Our yard is still fairly new, I often tell Nate I wish I could just fast forward five or ten years to see what it would look like, just for like 5 minutes. I can hardly wait! So anyhow, here goes shall we?
My first Salvia of the year. It was blowing so hard that this one was definitely difficult to shoot.
Sea Thrift, it always makes me think of Dr. Seuss. So fun and whimsical.
Creeping Thyme
So excited to see these Geraniums starting to wake up in my rocks. They never disappoint.
My flowering Almond Bush. What a fast grower, and so pretty. When I planted her she was barely more than a twig. Now two years later she is definitely worthy of the title shrub, can't wait to see her spread out a bit more.

Some more Johnny Jump Ups and some Phlox. Of course I have a lot of different colors of both around the yard.
My luck with Aubrieta has been a little hit and miss. I guess she is just finnicky about what soil she is sitting in. I n some areas she is busting at the seams and others it is just so sad. Oh well, she is a Spring beauty.
I am just terrible tonight, I can hardly remember the names of anything, including this cute little succulent. I planted her last year and she is really earning her keep already this year.
I love the blooms on this little Speedwell. They always remind me of an eye with long eyelashes. So pretty. Although an early bloomer I love her trailing reddish/purple leaves in my rocks the rest of the year.
My Eastern Redbud. I love the blossoms, so glad there are four of these beauties around the back fence.
The wind was so obnoxious. I really had a difficult time getting a shot of my catmint. It's one of my all time favorites. The kitties seem to like it too.
Still have a few tulips hanging around, some more phlox and again I cannot remember the name of the yellow cutie up front. I planted it last year and am so far quite pleased with her.

My Homestead Verbena is just waking up. She always puts on a great show throughout the summer. I'm super excited to see what she has in store for me.

I cannot for the life of me remember the name of this little cutie. She is another great rock wall plant. She is just so sweet to look at every spring.

I love my Candytuft. I planted this one a few years ago. It's now well over 2 feet wide. She has been in bloom since early March. Although she is showing signs of being almost done she is just a lovely evergreen the rest of the year. That's why I have planted like 4 more around the yard.

Last year I decided to try my hand at an Azalea bush. So glad I did. She is just thriving and it is so fun to see her in bloom.

I enjoy seeing this beauty in my rocks every spring. I want to say it is a Speedwell, Veronica? maybe? I'm too tired to recall tonight. Anyhow, I love her and she has two homes in my garden.

I was thrilled when I came home the other day and saw my red crabtree in bloom, I planted it during the summer last year. I had no idea the blossoms were gonna be this dark. I am definitely looking forward to this tree growing and filling in. Yay!

I can't remember the name of this one tonight. I planted it last year in my shade bed. I was excited to see it show up this year.


As I made my way around the yard looking for blossoms I was heartbroken to come upon my bleeding hearts. I was so proud and excited for one of them in particular. It was just huge and beautiful this year. Stupid wind. If I had known she was in such a dangerous situation I would have told Ethan to go protect her for me. So sad.

We took in the fallen branches and tried to save some of the hearts, at least long enough to enjoy them a little longer. They found a happy home with Ally's bouquet Nate and I gave her after her Dance Recital yesterday. They have perked up a lot more since this photo was taken. I tell you what, they are pretty, but they kinda stink. :)
So there you have it. Can't wait to see what else has shown up in June. See ya then!



2 comments:
I strive to have my yard look like yours... soon! It looks great :)
Your garden looks great...love all those big rock!
Post a Comment