Evelyn has had 3 loose teeth on top for weeks. She has wiggled and wiggled them but they never went anywhere. Then all of a sudden, OUT popped the first one. Last night she finally got it ready enough that I could just get it done with. What a relief for both of us! She was so happy! What a giggly little thing she was. So funny!
Even though I knew her other front tooth was getting close I figured we had another week to go at the rate she was working it. Boy was I wrong!! By dinner tonight that sucker was getting ready! She sure surprised me when she came running up to me with her tooth in hand. Could not believe she finally got up the nerve to yank it out herself. Boy, I tell ya, if I thought she was excited the night before, well, I didn't know what I was talking about. She was higher than a kite! Giggles and little girl shrieks were heard throughout the valley and they all originated from OUR house! So much fun to watch!
She already has the inevitable little lisp that accompanies this kind of loss, which in my opinion, makes it even funner. She still has one more loose tooth on the top. How in the world that little girl is gonna eat is beyond me. Especially during hot dog and corn on the cob season!
While it is super fun it is also a reminder to me that all of her "firsts" are also "lasts" for us. Crazy to think. Our baby is growing up. With just weeks before school starts and knowing that I have no more babies at home, it is truly the end of an era. Sniff Sniff




No comments:
Post a Comment