Thursday, October 3, 2013

Nate's Wood Badge Ceremony

Tonight I received my Wood Badge beads.
In order to receive your beads 
you attend Wood Badge over two weekends and received training and you need to set goals around 5 areas and work on those goals for many months. For example, I worked on Communication, Duty to God, Training, Personal Fitness, and District support. I made goals in each of these areas and once I hit each of them I qualified for my Wood Badge beads.

Les Barker giving part of the presentation.

Part of the ceremony includes receiving a special neckerchief and slide. 

We also sang the Wood Badge song. Here I am with Sheila and Ron who were in the same patrol, the Fox patrol.

Singing the Wood Badge song.

Four folks from staff who came to my beading ceremony. Joe, Les, Chris and Chris.

Half of the Fox patrol. Ron Bingham is one of my great Scouting friends. I really look up to him and appreciate his friendship and guidance through the Scouting program. 

It was a great night and a great accomplishment to achieve. 

No comments: