(15 generation pedigree chart I filled out one night,
it took up more than half my kitchen table and my hand was cramping when I was done.)
I have always loved Family History.
I enjoy keeping a journal, a blog, family scrapbook, etc.
I have always known that I would love doing family history work.
Last winter I finally was able to take the family history class at
church. I loved it. I am still just getting my feet wet with it but
I can already tell that I am getting filled with the Spirit of Elijah.
“… And he shall plant in the hearts of the children the promises made to the fathers, and the hearts of the children shall turn to their fathers. If it were not so, the whole earth would be utterly wasted at his coming” (verses 38, 39).
This scripture keeps having new meaning to me.
I have loved every minute of it.
One of the things that I have really gained from it is
a better perspective on my day to day life.
It reminds me that my challenges are nothing compared
to some of the trials that my ancestors faced.
It has been a very timely reminder as we face so many changes in our life in the coming months.



No comments:
Post a Comment