Sunday, January 17, 2010

Confessions.....

My friend Megan had this on her blog today and invited everyone to play along. I don't normally share with everyone the inner workings of my crazy side but here goes.
  • I like being tall. I am not one of those women who hunch over and try to be shorter than I actually am. If anything I go the other way......how many times have you seen me in anything other than a heel?
  • I have a shoe/jewelry/purse fetish.
  • I was born a blonde but I am a redhead at heart.
  • I exercise because I am afraid of what will happen if I don't.
  • Being unattractive to Nate scares me.
  • I am not as strong as I may sometimes let on. I got a lot of comments about how "strong" I was when Nate got diagnosed with Cancer, but I am a closet crier.
  • Just the thought of nursing a baby makes me nauseous. The longest I made it nursing was 6 weeks.
  • I am NOT crafty - crafty women sometimes intimidate me. Sure I do the occasional scrapbooking type craft but beyond that.......NADA!
  • I can't stand shaggy hair on boys!
  • I can't stand white shoes with dark nylons.
  • Sometimes being friends with other women scares me. I have no desire to be friends with "pot-stirrers". When I meet someone new I have to spend a lot of time observing them in different situations, or wait to see if my "mean girl radar" goes off because of them. It takes me a long time to shift from friendly acquaintance to FRIEND.
  • People that don't live with me think I have this amazing will power when it comes to food. Not so, I am an emotional eater and once the kids go to bed no food in the house is safe. I have much better restraint in the light of day. There is a lot of truth to the statement "I run so I can eat."
  • I get angry when I see people driving around with their kids not in car seats.
  • I fantasize about my yard during the winter months.
  • Sometimes by the end of September I could rototill it all in just so I don't have to work on it one more day.
  • I don't like animals in my house. I like cats the most, but at my house I want them outside too. I don't hate animals, I just don't LOVE them and I don't want to LIVE with them. I don't enjoy being covered in hair, or being jumped on, or having my clothes torn, or having pee/poop in my house or on my lawn. If I wanted dog poop all over my yard I would get my own dog. For the record I do have a cat, she is 15 years old, I occasionally let her in to snuggle and she likes to take naps under the christmas tree. Once she is gone we are planning on getting two kittens from the same litter. So, I am NOT an animal hater.
  • I am terrified of snakes. I can't even look at them on tv or in a picture in a book.
  • I am a meaner mom than I thought that I would be.
  • I am extremely self-conscious of my teeth. I am struggling with the fact that in a matter of weeks I will be a toothless hillbilly. Even though it is temporary and necessary with my braces I will constantly be fighting the urge to hibernate and to not smile or talk in public.
  • I cannot dance. I have the dancing ability of a 2x4.
  • I cannot sleep on Christmas Eve. I am so worried that I will not hear the kids getting up and I will miss the first look on their faces when they see that Santa came.
  • I am a real woman with a real working body. I sweat when I get overheated. When I have stomach issues I will pass gas or burp. This doesn't mean I don't have manners and go around doing it just because I can but yes, it does happen. Also, I sneeze like a normal person. I am not one of those girls who sneezes and you don't hear anything come out of them. How do they hold it all in like that without blowing out their brains in the process?

Well, there you have it. Atleast what I will admit to.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Eeeee! I LOVE it! So funny and I sooo much I could relate to! The nursing thing, being attractive to my spouse, the pet thing, and on! You rock, sista!

Sarah said...

What's so wrong with girls that sneeze without making a sound? Here's my little confession....I once sneezed in 5th grade and it was a very unpleasant sneeze.....let's just say some came out and the boy I was in love with saw and I was so embarrassed that from that day to this one.....I plug my nose when I sneeze! NEVER will you see me sneeze without holding it in!! Even if I'm the only one home....I plug!! There, I said it! It's out it the open. Please apologize for hating girls that sneeze quietly.....you never know their reasoning behind it! :)

*Mary* said...

I think you are HILARIOUS!!! Thank you for sharing!!! I am with you one the food thing... it's not safe at our house either!!

Sarah said...

Shoot! I just got your message on Facebook, so I thought I would respond here, since this is where I left the message....and in case anyone else reads my dumb comment and thinks I was mad. Heaven's no I was not offended, I was completely kidding, true story, but I was only having a little fun with your confession by sharing my confession! No worries....I should have clarified a little better that I was kidding! Sorry! See you next weekend! A-CHOO!! :)

Tara Bennett said...

Love your list! I'm also a closet crier and love being tall (although I didn't always). Your blog is so cute, so is your family. I'm amazed you made it through your husband having cancer. I hope you never, ever have to face anything like that ever again.

Tara (from scrapbooking class)