Saturday, January 23, 2010

What's in YOUR cart?

My cute friend Stephanie posted on facebook how she enjoys peeking into strangers carts at the grocery store. She said that she enjoys trying to imagine what they will be making with the ingredients. She also wants to see if what they have is better than what she herself has picked out. I like to see how healthy people shop. I too, like to secretly compare what is in someone elses cart as opposed to mine. At the beginning I always feel good, like whoever sees my cart is gonna think I am a good momma because of all of the fresh fruits and veggies I have in my cart. I only feel this way because I always start at the fresh produce in the store and that is all that has had a chance to make it into my cart. By the end though my true nature is more revealed. There is usually some frozen items, comfort food and usually some sort of gummy treat. Well, while I was at the store today with Cincess I started thinking about this facebook post of Steph's.
I thought it would be fun to take a picture of my cart at the checkout and post it on my blog for all to see. I in turn would love to see your full carts next time you venture out to shop. I am fairly proud of what I have to show today. In case you are wondering, NO, I didn't censor what I bought. Since the picture doesn''t show everything, I added a list of all of my carts contents. Some of my usuals didn't make it into my cart today because of budget constraints and or those darned New Years Resolutions

  • 8 lb bag of oranges
  • Cottage Cheese
  • Bottle of Fruit Fresh
  • 2 lbs of extra lean ground beef
  • 3 gallons of 1% milk
  • 2 sticks of Secret deodorant
  • 4.5 lbs of yams
  • Bone-in spiral half ham
  • Bananas
  • 2 Hostess fruit pies (they barely made it past my resolutions...."it's the weekend" was my rationale. Wondering why only two? I forgot I had 4 of them at home in the pantry....that way we each get one. )
  • 1 lb of mild cheddar cheese
  • 2 bags of brown sugar
  • 1 bag of shredded mozzarella
  • bag of string cheese
  • bag of shredded parmesan cheese
  • Dole frozen juice concentrate, the really good stuff. I got 2 orange/peach/ mango, 2 orange/strawberry/banana, and 2 pineapple/orange
  • Western Family Yogurt, for the kids, in a variety of flavors
  • Dannon Lite & Fit Yogurt for me (60 calories ea. Resolutions prevailed in this choice)
  • 1 lb bag of tomatoes on the vine (cannot WAIT to get my own out of the garden!)
  • 2 frozen bags of Chicken fries
  • 1 bag of frozen sweet potato fries
  • 1 bag of Rold Gold 'Honey Mustard' pretzels
  • 1 bag of Baked Scoop Tostidas ("It's the weekend" and "I REALLY want some home canned Salsa, WHAT? That's healthy......plus they are BAKED, right?" was the prevailing rationale here.)
  • 1 bag of Baked Cheddar and Sour Cream Ruffles (These are for Nate, again they ARE baked......so even if he is forced to share.........)
  • 1 bag of adult cat food
  • 2 bags of malt o meal cereal
  • Country Time Lemonade powder
  • Country Time Pink Lemonade powder
  • Home canning jar lids both wide and regular (time to start getting prepared! YAY!)
  • 2 Jello Vanilla Instant pudding (Egg Nog Rum Cake, it is to die for,,,,,What? It's the weekend!)
  • 1 Box of Huggies size 4 (please let it be our last one!)
  • 24 can case of Spaghettios

So, there you have it. I hope you found this fun and will accept the challenge to show me

What Is In Your Cart!

No judgement......unless it's better than mine! :)

2 comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

LOVE IT!!! I think I am going to need that recipe for the egg nog cake. Sounds delish! This is awesome...my next shopping day I am taking you up on your challenge! I think there was one other one on your blog that I am going to hijack as well.

L Chang said...

I wish we could make it for the weekend! The Egg Nog Rum Cake sounds delicious! May I trouble you for the recipe?