Sunday, January 24, 2010

Eggnog Rum Cake

Here is my good friend Jenn Gardner's recipe for the Eggnog Rum Cake that I got multiple requests for:


Eggnog Rum Cake

1 yellow cake mix (dry)
1 large box vanilla pudding (instant)
1/4 c sour cream
3 eggs
1/2 c oil
1 c eggnog (pumpkin spice eggnog is yummy)
1/2 c sliced almonds


Mix together. Batter will be VERY thick! Spray bundt pan very well. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of sliced almonds in the bottom of the pan if desired. Then spoon batter in and even it up. Bake @ 350 degrees for 45 min. or til it pulls away from the side of the pan.


` cube butter, melted
1/2 c sugar
1 tsp rum extract
1/4 c water

Pour over cake and let sit for atleast 10 minutes, it can sit for up to an hour. Then invert on a serving plate. VOILA! Enjoy!

It was so tasty that I took Jenn's advice and froze 1 cup baggies of eggnog so that I can make this throughout the year. SUPER Delish!

2 comments:

L Chang said...

THANK YOU!

Anonymous said...

To bad I don't own a bundt pan that cake sounds YUMMY!!