Friday, August 6, 2010

Flashback Friday: August 4th, 2007

Today's Flashback Friday is from August 4th, 2007. This was the day that Ethan was baptized and Evelyn was blessed. This was a crazy time in our lives. Ethan was supposed to get baptized on June 30th, 2007. I was due with Evie on the 4th of July, so we headed towards that date with trepidation about how we were going to pull that off. He was so excited about getting baptized that I didn't want to make him wait til August if I could get away with it. Well, obviously, things didn't go as planned.

Evie was born on June 25th, I still thought, "Okay, I can do this. With some help I can pull off a Baptism just days after getting home from the hospital. I can do this." Well, before we left the hospital Evie ended up in the NICU for five days. So, we weren't even home the day the Baptism was supposed to happen. Ethan was a champ and dealt with it so well. I felt horrible, but what was I supposed to do? (More on that whole story another day.)
This photo was taken the night before the Baptism. I felt so bad for Ethan, just minutes before it was our turn he got so sick. Luckily he rallied and we were able to continue on and get it done.

I love this photo of Evelyn. It is exactly what I wanted her Blessing photo to look like. We almost didn't end up with it either. They had taken a bunch of photos of her that didn't work. We were just about to call it quits and bring her back in another day when she suddenly sat very calmly like this. I yelled at the photographer to hurry up and take the photo!

These photos were taken at our home right before the Luncheon.



(clockwise: Janet and LaVere, Nate's parents; my Mom, Tana; and my Dad and Fran)

(on left Great Grandma and Grandpa Jackman)

No comments: