Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Introductions: Dash

Not very long ago we introduced you to our two new kitties, Tom and Jerry. They were orange and white brothers from the same litter. We were all heartbroken to find out a week before Halloween that Jerry had passed away. Since Tom was still so young and only being tolerated by our elderly cat Nikki, we decided to see if any of the other kittens from his original litter were still available. We wanted him to have someone to play with, stay warm with, and to be able to stand next to when older, meaner cats approached. Luckily for us, they had Dash. Just days after Jerry's passing we brought him home. They seemed to remember each other just fine and almost acted as if the last few months apart hadn't even happened. Weeks later Dash has made himself at home and a part of this family.

This photo was taken the first few days he was at our house. At the time he was pretty camera shy, so I was lucky to have even gotten this shot. Since then he has gotten used to me taking photos of him. The next few photos were all taken on completely different days, but it shows where these two are most likely to be found.



This last set really cracks me up. I promise I found them this way, I did not pose them in any way. Plus have you ever tried to pose a cat? If you have then you know that there is no way they would EVER let me put them this way of their own free will and choice.


They are so fun and the kids just love having them around. Although we miss Jerry we are so grateful we brought Dash home as quickly as we did. Once he was here we could see how much Tom was missing having a buddy. We sure hope they are with us for many years. We would love to have a pair of tom cats as old and ornery as our Nikki Kitty is now. Well, I better quit rambling on and on about these two cuties before I get called a crazy cat lady!

No comments: