This year my Canning partner-in-crime Jenn and I decided to instigate a new philosophy of No Jar Left Behind. It was our goal to fill every jar we owned with something yummy! Last year I came extremely close, this year I was on track to accomplish my goal when I hit a major speed bump. A Hysterectomy in early October is definitely something that will take you out of the canning game. Fortunately, I already had the majority of it done so it wasn't a total loss. Below is a list of all of the yummy things I was still able to make and have the pleasure of serving my family in the many, many meals to come!
- Pears
- Raspberry Syrup
- Chocolate Raspberry Sundae Topper
- Peaches
- Tomato Peach Salsa
- Peach Salsa
- Peach BBQ Sauce
- Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Tomatoes
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Cherry Jelly
- Strawberry Syrup
- Carrot Cake Jam - (I actually didn't make this, my awesome friend Jenn made this for me since she knew it was on my list and I wouldn't get to it. Talk about an awesome friend!)
Just for kicks and giggles I decided to add a list of the nummy things I canned last year as well. Since I didn't really document it anywhere back then. It was the first year that I really got into canning as an adult. What was I waiting for! Next year I plan to also list how many quarts/pints/ jelly jars etc. I make as well. That info is more for my benefit than anything. Anyhow, on to the list!
2009 Canning List
- Spiced Peach Syrup
- Peach Syrup
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Peaches
- Pears
- Tomatoes
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Tomato Salsa
- Applesauce
- Apple Pie Filling
- Strawberry Jam
- Raspberry Jam
- Strawberry Peach Jam
- Pear Butter
- Apple Butter
- Apricot Pineapple Jam
- Pomegranate Syrup
- Pumpkin Pie Pear Syrup


No comments:
Post a Comment