Thursday, July 8, 2010

Catching Up

Even though I blog everyday, it is amazing to me how much stuff still slips through the cracks. Since this is now my primary way of documenting our family's journey I have been making great efforts to get and keep us up to date on all of our happenings. With so much stuff backlogged I have had to implement Flashback Friday, Photo Shoot Sunday and Wordless Wednesday. It is crazy how much stuff I don't have "scrapbooked" even after years of doing it and tons of supplies to do it with. I always hope that what I put on here is of interest to others and not boring as heck but also still remembering that my primary reason for blogging is for my family. It's a crazy line to walk sometimes. Anyhow, here are a few things that have slipped through the cracks in recent weeks. To keep this post from being too long I didn't put everything on here, so there will be plenty more later where this came from! I guess I could blame this all on my awesome hubby for buying me an amazing new camera for my birthday (which incidentally already has taken over 4,000 photos, ahem) or just be grateful that we have such a happy, full life that we are blessed enough to live.
Thursday, June 10th, 2010
We ran up to my sister Heidi's house in Bear Lake in early June. It was during all of that crazy weather we were having at the time. Remember? Anyway, one minute it was sunny and beautiful and the next it was hailing. The size of marbles, hailing. The kids were scrambling to get inside, Wyatt was doing the dance of joy that he wouldn't be able to mow lawns, and Nate was in the middle of grilling our dinner. Terrible timing if you ask me. So, we supplied Nate with a cookie sheet for protection. This is where it gets interesting. While he was protecting himself from the hail, the flames on the grill kicked up. The heat bounced off of the cookie sheet and fried
Nate's hair. It was crazy! Needless to say, when we got home he was due for a haircut. Minutes later it was all over. The sun and the kids were back out and
Wyatt was grumbling on his way to mow lawns.
Monday, June 14th, 2010
I already posted about my birthday but I managed to forget that I had these photos from that day. They were on my little point and shoot I keep in my purse and not on my super-duper awesome new camera. Anyhow, since it was my birthday I wanted to do something fun. I told the kids we would go see Toy Story 3, except oops, it wasn't out yet. So, instead we decided on bowling. Since Nate was out of town and I didn't want to go alone I called my Dad. Frannie was busy tending to her mom so he was awesome and came along with us. We went to Fat Cat's. The kids played a little arcade, we bowled, ate pizza and had an all around good time.

Ally really dug the music and couldn't keep from getting down with it. It was fun to watch her get her groove on. Don't you think she could be a contender on Dancing With The Stars? Father's Day 2010
Saturday we had my family over for a Father's Day and June Birthday's BBQ and all around good time. The kids had a great time playing together and we all enjoyed hearing about Mom and Bob's trek across Europe.
For Father's Day we got Nate an amazing tool cart.
This is a photo of the display model. Since it was so heavy I couldn't get it home myself. They delivered it the day after Father's Day. Top three favorite things about it: #1 it will help keep his tools organized (yeah baby) #2 it holds a TON #3 it locks so the kids can't get into it!
Monday, June 28th, 2010
We went up to my Mom and Bob's house for a BBQ, along with my brother Joe and his family. It was super good food as well as super fun! My favorite kind!
Hope you enjoyed getting caught up and anyone interested in buying a ton of scrapbook supplies, let me know, they are gathering dust.

No comments: