Saturday, July 3, 2010

Potty Training: Round One Goes To Evelyn

It's finally potty training time in our neck of the woods. Here it is July and we are just barely getting around to this. I for one thought she would be trained by Halloween or maybe Christmas. Of last year. Nope, Evie had other plans. If you recall we got her a Betsy Wetsy doll AND a pink princess potty for Christmas. Nope, nada. Early June we were still not making much headway. Whenever we brought up the subject she would flat out refuse. I could tell it crossed her mind every now and again though. I distinctly recall one evening I was in the kitchen making dinner and she was coloring. I hadn't said a word about going potty when out of the blue, she looks at me and says, "YOU go Potty!" Finally one day I said, "That's It!" It all began the afternoon I caught her trying to change her own poopy diaper. Yeah, that's not happening again! If you are big enough to try and change your own diaper you are big enough to go potty in the big girl potty. She didn't agree. So the next day, Ethan's birthday no less, I cracked the whip. The other three were pretty easy once they were ready, took about three intensive days and VOILA! no more diapers. Evelyn is definitely cut from a different cloth. Here are some of the highlights of that day.

This photo collage is of Evelyn telling me that she had just peed her pants......Again. She doesn't like it, she walks funny when she does it. It's actually kind of cute and funny, but don't tell her.
This photo collage is about 30 minutes later. She came up to me just like this, again telling me that she had just peed her pants.....yet AGAIN. My favorite photo is where she is pointing at it. Let's just say, she won this round. We are currently on the next round of potty training with Little Miss Pee Pants. Check back next week to see who wins that one. Right now....it feels like a toss up.

No comments: