A couple of years ago Nate and two neighbor boys got into an epic waterfight. They return each summer to continue their all out Water War. Well, this year is definitlely no exception. Throughout the month of June they would make idle threats about how bad they were going to get Nate, etc. Then.....nothing. So, on the night of July the 4th, while the neighbor boys were enjoying their fireworks with their families, Nate and the older three donned dark clothes and hats and set off to ambush them. I watched patiently through the darkened windows waiting to see chaos ensue. It seemed like it took forever. They hid behind rocks, behind corners and inched along on their tummies across the neighbors lawn. I was so amazed my kids were as quiet as they were and didn't ruin the element of surprise. Can you believe that I actually have proof that they CAN be quiet. Who knew? After about a half an hour I saw their silhouettes pop up and charge, about 10 feet away from the victims. They nailed them! It was awesome! I love seeing teenage boys scream like a bunch of girls! Well, they fought long and hard and they of course retaliated a bit that night. They made mighty promises that Nate and the kids would rue the day that they ambushed them.
The next day, Nate and the kids were ready. They had water guns, hoses, balloons, you name it stashed throughout our property. They were on guard All. Day. Long. I thought it was awesome that they were so paranoid and then........nothing. I thought boy those kids are smart, they are waiting for their guard to go down before they make their move. And wait they did.
One afternoon, there was a knock at the door. I answered it and found that the boys had been recruiting. Sweet little Tatum T. asked me to help get Nate outside, unawares and unarmed. I told I would be pleased to. So, I quietly set to work. I grabbed my camera and Evie and I set up camp across the street to photograph the upcoming battle.
Tatum T., Alicia C., Austin C., and Devin S. waiting for my signal that Nate was outside.
The attack!


1 comment:
That's Cute!! I counted it up and looks like there's 11 kids in all!! Ha Ha!! :) Love stuff like that!
Post a Comment