Monday afternoon Ally broke her arm, again. This is her second broken arm in seven months. On this particular day I was babysitting my nieces Rebecca and Janet. All four of the girlies were downstairs dancing and twirling in various dress-ups to one of my Hilary Weeks cds. Well, graceful Ally tripped on one of the thousands of toys strewn about the "dance floor". As she was falling she put her arm out to break her fall. It definitely broke her fall all right. When Nate's sister Wendy and her hubby Brad (both work in emergency/medical services) showed up to get their girls they put Al in a homemade splint. An ice pack, a dish towel, an Ensign and two rubber bands did the trick. Off we went to the doc. She ended up with a buckle break above her left wrist.
Yesterday I took her in to get her actual cast put on. She chose purple with pink stripes. Isn't she too beautiful for words? I gotta tell ya, it scares me. She is growing into such a beautiful young lady. Last Sunday she came out of my bathroom with my rhinestone earrings and necklace on, with her hair perfect and smelling like a Bath and Body Works tester table. She was so pretty with her perfect tan and her coordinating outfit, not to mention the lip gloss she had slathered all over her lips. It was definitely a sign of things to come. Did I mention she had her purse too? Scary cute. I'm not ready for her to be a young woman, but I am afraid she is heading down that path. ((sigh))


2 comments:
Oh my goodness! The Mills kids and their bones!! :) So sorry Ally! Hey....at least your cast is super cute!!
I know our girls like each other, but do they have to do things at the same time, like break limbs. Sheesh! Hope she feels better soon!!!
Post a Comment