Saturday, January 22, 2011

Barbie's New House

So, Barbie has a new house around these parts. Well, I should say more like a renovated house. It's been a long time coming. Back in August, ( or was it September?) I was given this doll house by my sister. Her two girls had outgrown it. Luckily it was given to me during garage sale season so I was able to sell our old slightly flimsy doll house. Ally and I had great hopes of getting this house fixed up quickly. However, the most that happened was that the wallpaper got steamed off and it got a thorough cleaning. Then it sat, and Ally impatiently waited.

Finally around the week before Christmas it got my attention. Suddenly I had a ticking clock over my head. I had to do 4 coats of primer. It had been painted multiple times, with both oil based paint and water based paint. It had been scraped off, drawn on with permanent marker and nail polish. I had just painted the roof pink and was starting on the actual white paint for the base of it when Ally saw it. She immediately wanted "pink carpet". So off I went, taping, painting, taping, painting, you get the idea. I was working down in the unfinished basement and it was cold, so the drying time in between coats was forever long. But I had it ready Christmas day when the girls opened up all of their new Barbie furniture. The house was ready to move into.

As you can see it was a hit. The only thing this house needs is a little artwork on the walls. Ally and I are keeping our eyes out for something cool, and Barbie worthy.


No comments: