Saturday, January 29, 2011

To Do List: Revisited

So, I was reading through some of my past posts and came across My To Do List back in July. I was curious to see what I had put on it and how much of it I had accomplished since then. I will let you be the judge of whether or not I. Am. A. Slacker.
  • Repaint Ally's ceiling - check
  • Repaint Master Bath
  • Laundry Room Project
  • Garage Sale - check (but, back on the list!)
  • Clean out both cars - check (but again, back on the list!)
  • Organize desk - check (back on list, hang head in disorganized shame)
  • Organize my Croffice - in process
  • Drop not so subtle hints to Nate to organize his office - check (but I give up, one of these days he will be SURPRISED, and learn the meaning of the word PURGE! Shhh.....don't tell.)
  • Organize the garage - check (and yes again on the list... again)
  • Weed the veggie garden - check (and start back up in 8 weeks)
  • Get bids for insulation for basement family room
  • Finish dripline
  • Finish rock path in veg garden
  • Finish trellis and plant clematis
  • Deadhead the Perennials - currently renamed: finish dividing the perennials
  • Organize plant tags - haha
  • Change sheets on my bed - okay, yeah, I have done that a bajillion times, and it's time to do it again
  • Finish my Upholstery project - check (only it's back on my list because I have a new one! Btw, the one I was referring to will finally be shown next week, stay tuned!)
  • Finish my croffice paint project - check (hopefully my croffice will be ready to be revealed in a couple weeks! It's only taken me 4 and a half years! Gah!)
  • Finalize Primary Quarterly activity details - check (and there have been like three of them since, but since it's Quarterly I'm sure you can guess......it's back on the list!)
  • Deep clean the downstairs - In the process so.....che-
  • Fill my empty picture frames - some of them check, some of them not so much, I guess it would help if I would STOP buying them! Yeah, never gonna happen. :)
  • Scan some more photos - just when I think I am making a dent I find more!
  • Organize my bedroom closet - CHECK CHECK CHECK, it feels SO good!
  • Work with Ryland on tying his shoes - check
  • Buy more toilet paper - check (and you guessed it)
  • Transfer CD's to itunes - 85% done, who knew we had that many CD's?
  • Take Clothes to dry cleaner
  • Find another bathroom rug - still searching
  • Send some thank you notes - does writing them and then forgetting them inside my other purse after I changed purses count? If so, then a resounding CHECK!
  • Sand and paint exterior door - yeah and then there were two!
  • Put down more soil pep

My feeling, Eh, could have done better FOR SURE! However my winter list and my summer list are two totally different beasts. For example, on my To DoNE List:

  • repaint toy room ceiling
  • repaint toy room walls
  • change out light fixture in bottom landing
  • reorganize (almost) every closet in the house
  • steam clean my master bathroom
  • sell a bunch of crap on ksl
  • get ready for the spring/summer garage sale season
  • refinish/repurpose our old kitchen table into a desk for the kiddos
  • redo the barbie doll house
  • work on downsizing the crap in the unfinished area so we can finish it already
  • reorganize and clean out ALL Christmas decor bins (that was a doozey)
  • add cabinet lighting to the kitchen - LOVE IT
  • update my journal
  • volunteer in the kids school weekly
  • enjoy Christmas and my kids during the break - totally did it this year! Yay me!
  • PURGE whatever I can get my grubby little hands on

So, I guess it balances out. :)

No comments: