Sunday, January 30, 2011

Photo Shoot Sunday: Youth Speaker of Today

Today's Photo Shoot Sunday is dedicated to Ethan. Today he was the Youth Speaker in our Sacrament Meeting program. It was his first time speaking while not in a Primary Program. He did awesome! I am so extremely proud of him. He even wrote his very own talk, with VERY little help from Nate or I. He gave me permission to post his talk on here for me to always remember.

I'm here to talk a little about the First Article of Faith. The first phrase says "We believe in God, the Eternal Father", now in it, it says that WE, we believe in God, Jesus Christ, and in the
Holy Ghost. Well of course we do! But what it really is saying is, to believe their three separate souls and that they all exist. Now God created all things, and will forever be our Eternal Father. No one can or will replace him. In Acts 7:56 it says: 'Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of Man standing on the right hand of God,' that Son of Man is Gods beloved Son, Jesus Christ. In the second phrase it says, "and in His Son, Jesus Christ,' Jesus is God's Beloved Son, he's our Savior and he's our Heavenly Brother, he died with everyone's sins bearing upon him to make it so we can be resirected. No matter how long it takes for the second coming, I promise to never stop believing and to wait for him to come again. Now the last phrase of the First Article of Faith is, 'and in the Holy Ghost'. What the Holy Ghost is, is kind of like God's left hand man who helps us know when danger is coming, kind of like Spider-man with his Spidey sense. In St. Matthew 28:19 it explains what one of the jobs of the teachings about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ when they are true.


I thought he did an excellent job! I'm so proud of him.


Nate and I also spoke on the First Article of Faith. In my studies to prepare for today I came across an article written by Bruce C. Hafen in 1974. It was very powerful to me. I have provided the link to the article below. I truly hope that you will take a few minutes to read it. It's such a wonderful article.

No comments: