Since hurting my foot and having schnauz surgery I haven't hit the trail once. Not once. It is torture. Brutal. So once the schnauz doc cleared me for walking I knew right where I was heading. Although I prefer running trail the most I am not above walking or hiking it. This last Fall a new trail has been being cut to extend our favorite Bonneville Shoreline Trail from the north side of the North Ogden Divide to the Box Elder county line. Love it! Since snow is on the way they haven't finished it to the Box Elder County line yet. Cannot wait til they can get back to it next Spring.
Since we were just gonna walk, and not run, I invited Vonda Salmon to come go with Vanessa Nielsen and I. We parked at the lot on the Divide road and walked the trail about 2.5 miles and then headed back. It was cold and it felt like it took forever but we had a great time. This trail definitely shows great promise, it just needs a little bit more usage to harden her up. Cannot wait til I am allowed to run it. Grateful I at least got to get on one though.




No comments:
Post a Comment