Monday, February 25, 2013

Mills Monday Memories

I thought tonight I might post a little photo journal of what my Monday was like today. It isn't obviously everything I did today but it gives a little bit of a snippet into my day. 

After getting to bed later than I would have liked, let's just say later than 1 a.m., Sunday night, it was rough when the predawn alarm went off for me to go on my morning run. So by the time 10:30 a.m. rolled around, I was already dragging. So I convinced Evie to snuggle under a blanket with me. With the fire going and Sesame Street on for her viewing pleasure it was the perfect recipe for a mid morning snuggle/nap. It was perfect. Albeit short lived.
Once I got off the couch and kinda got rolling, I was picking up the great room a bit and I came upon this.

He wasn't the only Star Wars Lego dude hanging out in my plant, but he was the most easily photographed. I am constantly finding Lego's and other random toys of Rylands hiding in my everyday household items. I will really miss it when he stops doing this.

Last year the kids started collecting aluminum cans to take in for recycling. We pick them up whenever we see them lying on the street, some of our neighbors give them to us, but our biggest contributors are by far, Great Grandma and Grandpa Sargent and Grandma and Grandpa Hale. They have been awesome! So far the kids have earned about $75. They are saving the money for spending money when we go on our next family vacation.

Well, our box that we keep in the garage for the cans was starting to overflow. It had been a while since the kids had spent any time crushing the cans. So I sent the boys out to the driveway for a while to just crush cans. They came in a while later and wanted me to see what they had created. I am guessing this was Ryland's idea. He has been learning about the Transcontinental Railroad this term and part of that was to learn the names of all 50 states. They were super proud of their portrayal of our United States.

Nate is attending a special training type camp this week for MarketStar. Something about the art of negotiating. So he is getting home later than usual this week. Between that and the fact that I was still kinda dragging today I decided that Family Night would include going out to eat dinner. I wanted something close, inexpensive, and that the kids would eat. We all agreed on Chinese, so off we went to Zhang's Chinese. We had never been there. It was pretty good.

Ally ordered the sweet and sour shrimp. She loved it and ate almost her entire plate!

The bookend children opted for chicken nuggets and fries. What!? At a Chinese restaurant? Whatever. Just eat your dinner.

Ryland ordered the Chinese version of Chicken Noodles. He loved it. He only ate about 1/3 of it, but that bowl is HUGE!! He also insisted on using the chopsticks. To eat his soup. Whatever. Just eat your dinner. He was especially excited about going to a Chinese restaurant. Like I said, he is learning about the Transcontinental Railroad and a big part of the history of that is Chinese workers. The majority of the Transcontinental Railroad was built by Chinese workers. He kept telling us all about how the Chinese are all about RESPECT. So we were under strict instructions to be respectful! Oh, how the lecturing tables have turned.

So there you have it. My day in a very tiny nutshell.

No comments: