Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Chinese Chopsticks

The other night I made chinese for dinner. Since Nate served his mission in Taiwan he is a chopsticks pro. Therefore, we have about 20 pairs of chopsticks floating around the kitchen. Well, as per usual he went for those at dinner. If you have kids you know what happened next. They all wanted to use chopsticks. I was hungry so I chose a fork. As a side note, when we were dating Nate tried over and over to teach me how to use chopsticks, to no avail. However, after one date with our good friend Chad Pendleton, I had it down. I think Chad harassed poor Nate about it, I think it was something to do with being a real man.....I digress. After all of these years I have forgotten how to use them, and like before I can't seem to learn it from Nate. Must be time to have Chad and Holly over for a chinese dinner again to teach me, hint hint. Anyhow, after the kids started begging for help from Nate, we told them they had to have their first 5 bites with a fork, then Daddy could help. It worked. It was actually very fun and very educational. Nate got to sneak in a few lessons on manners in Asia, what is appropriate and what is not, and so forth.



Some of the things that are polite there are not so polite here. Oh well, when in Rome...I mean Asia, right.

No comments: