I picked up all of the pieces and CAREFULLY walked up to the register to confess and set them down to purchase. There were still a couple of pieces that were missing, but the head (?) of the candlestick was mostly intact. Well, looks like I could glue it together, might as well get the set. Oh well, I would rather have an ugly set than one lonely ugly candlestick. Grudgingly I bought them both and took them home. Where in the world am I gonna put these? They were a little too gaudy for my taste. It took a couple of days for me to pull them out of the bag and set about fixing the broken one. After some super glue it was almost good as new. A strange thing started to happen then, they were growing on me. It must have been the fluorescent lights at the store that initially turned me off of them. Plus the gaudiness, but even that was growing on me. I first thought about putting them by my master bath tub, then the actual thought of trying to keep them clean in a bathroom, ummmmm no thanks. Then I figured the most formal room in the house was where they would go the best, or atleast not stick out like a gaudy thumb the least. So, in they went. My sister Heidi showed up about now, she called me a stinking brat for breaking something I would normally hate and having it go perfectly in my decor, and ultimately loving it to boot. Ha, yeah, go figure.
So, then the hunt was on for the perfect candle. I kept my eye out when I was out and about running errands but none of the candles caught my eye. Finally I checked Tarjay and wouldn't you know it the old bullseye came through for me yet again. There they were. Chocolate brown on the bottom, rusty terracotta in the center and a pretty cream color on top. They even came with a pretty rusty ribbon and a metallic maple leaf. Perfection. My colors and the maple leaf matches the pattern of my entryway table runner. I try really hard to not get too matchy-matchy with my stuff. Or to have a theme, really. However sometimes, things just match. What are you gonna do?
I snatched them up and took em home. Once I unwrapped them I loved them even more. However, Nate arrived not long after and asked why the house smelled of baby wipes. I told him it was the new candles and that the smell would go down. I thought I was just smelling it because my hands smelled so strongly of the candle scent. WRONG! Those are some smelly candles. Atleast it is a good smell, it could smell like dog food or something. Plus, it will go down, right? Right? Considering they are in the front room and I can smell them when I come in from the garage, you can bet your britches, they are smelly!
I really had a difficult time taking photos of them, they aren't turning out in pictures the way they look in the room. They look a little washed out. Oh well.


No comments:
Post a Comment