Wednesday, April 21, 2010

SOLD!


I have a lot of mixed emotions rolled into this place. This was our first home we ever owned. We brought home our two middle babies here, we raised three of our babies here for 7 years. She has been a part of our lives for the past 10 and half years. I was so ready to move on from her back in 2006. I wasn't gonna miss this place at all! I can count on one hand how many times I went back to this house after we moved out until last October. I wasn't anticipating practically living here ever again. But, for one month, I did. Believe me, I did. What an emotional month that was. I felt anger, hate, sadness and love towards this old place during those days. Not a good idea to be feeling so much during a time of so much physical labor. By the end, I had fallen in love with the old place again. I briefly, very, very briefly, considered keeping her and renting her out. She was so cute again. Not sickly like she was at the beginning of the month. Once I stopped going over there again, it was easier to move back into the "let's just be done with the stupid place, once and for all!" mentality. We listed her on Halloween, she went under contract in mid-March and we closed today. If you go there now, there isn't one personal belonging of ours left over there. Yet, I find myself hoping that the new family will take care of her, enjoy her and make some amazing memories there, just like we did. I am sure I will succumb to the desire to see her again on some random day while running errands. I just hope she looks happy. But I gotta tell ya, hallefreakingluja, I am glad she is gone.

2 comments:

The Spencer Family said...

WAHOO!! I am so excited for you!! I know it has been a pain!

Sarah said...

What a relief!! So happy for you all! Congrats!