First up is obviously Ethan. I am sure this particular day was the scariest one of them all. He was entering completely new territory. Also the fact that when Ethan was born he wasn't sure he wanted to breathe for us, so Nate had to accompany him down to the NICU for a bit to get him going. Little stinker. Oh, but it was for sure exciting too. (June 1999)

Next up is our little Ally-girl. Showing up a little over three weeks early, being a girl and weighing in at 5 pounds 2 ounces she was instantly Daddy's Girl. She had her Daddy wrapped around her extremely tiny finger the second she came out. It's been the same way ever since. He loves it too. If you are wondering if he is wearing the exact same shirt 2 years later, you would be correct. Nate's Mom had a t-shirt made for him that said, "I'm a New Daddy Today". He was wearing it both days. (August 2001)

Ryland was a surprise in every way to us. Still is. We weren't planning on him when he announced he would join our family, or when he declared the day he was to be born. He has always been a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of boy. (November 2003)

Last but not least is Evelyn. With her arrival we finally felt complete. Coming in at a whopping 6 pounds 7 ounces she was our biggest baby. Little did we know the fear she would instill in us those early days and months. Crazy, but totally worth the fun she brings into our lives. (June 2007)
Each of these days and the days in between Nate has been an amazing Daddy. Like I have told him before, I could tell in the early days of our courtship that he was "great Daddy material". I was right, just more than I could have imagined. Happy Father's Day Babe! We love you and thank you for all that you do!


No comments:
Post a Comment