Friday, June 18, 2010

Flashback Friday: Germany



In honor of Father's Day this week I am dedicating this weeks Flashback Friday to my Dad. This is a photo of him in the early 60's while on his LDS mission to Germany. Isn't he handsome?

My Dad is an amazing Dad. He is always there when you need him and sometimes even when you didn't think you did. Like yesterday, which I will explain next week during the "Reveal" of my current project. Let's just put it this way, it was a doozey and he showed up in the nick of time to save the day. Love that. Love him. He is always available to talk to, I never felt he was too busy to talk to me when I needed him. He is also a VERY fun Dad and Grandpa. He can always be counted on for tickle fights, horsey rides, a quick chase and definitely squeels of delight. He is still very fast despite kissing that moose back in 2008. (Man Meets Moose 2008, posted in Feb 2010) In fact in the last few months alone I was forced to jump over the back of a couch in order to be able to scramble away from him while my kids egged him on to tickle me. Of course my response was that I had given him grandkids so that he could tickle them and NOT me! Good times.

I could go on and on about my Dad and how much he means to me, but I will finish up by saying, I love you Dad and Happy Father's Day!

No comments: