Saturday, May 1, 2010

100th Post and a 5K to Celebrate

Well, today is my 100th post and I thought it was fitting that I ran my first 5k race in over 15 years to celebrate it. It was a family affair today. With 6 and a half family members participating. Unfortunately, not everyone was captured on film. The adults running were Jen and Ryan Skidmore and myself. All four Skidlets ran/walked as well. Shaylen pushed one year old Cole (he is the "half") in the stroller, and Sawyer and Ridge came along for the ride too. We also had a great cheering section made up of my Dad and his wife Fran, and of course my hubby Nate. The race was sponsored by the Skidmores elementary as their annual fundraiser. It looked like a success to me.

This is at the beginning of the race, you can see me, Jen and Ryan.

Here I am rounding the corner towards the finish line.

Jen and I after we cooled off a bit. Ryan was MIA for this photo as he had heaed back out to finish up with the Skidlets.

Here is Sawyer (Bean) 9, with her buddy. She did awesome and finished strong at the end. I don't know her official time but she came in at around 51 minutes.

I came in under what I hoped, but I still felt like I could have done a smidge better. Overall though, I feel good about it. I wasn't as prepared as I would have liked, but it is the first one of the season for me and the first one I have ran since high school. So, it's all good. Jen came in at 29:54 and I don't have an official time on Ryan, he was around 30. The first half mile was a decent uphill, then it kind of peaked and valleyed a bit, I mean we are talking upper South Ogden here, and then we finished off on a downhill. I prefered the downhill, Ryan's knees preferred the uphill. Shaylen 11, Ridge 5, and Cole came in at around an hour and Ridgie boy (1 hr and 3 minutes) won the award for youngest racer. He received 3 free
Chick-fil-A sandwiches and I won 3 free smoothies from Jamba Juice during the raffle. There were around 145 runners in all. It was a fun morning.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Nice Job Guys! Congrats to you all for entering and finishing!! More than I can ever say for myself!! Awesome!!

The Spencer Family said...

I am super proud of you!! That is a great time! Way to go...I have my first race in a long time on June 12 - I am doing the Bear Lake Half Marathon -YIKES!!