Yesterday we had the majority of my family over for a Mother's Day feast. It was wonderful. Unfortunately by the time we thought to pull the camera out some of the family had already left. So, here I am with my brother Travis, sister Heidi and my wonderful Mom.
My cute Mom gave all of us girls a copy of this cute little book with a bucket. The story goes on to tell us how we all walk around with an invisible bucket everyday. We go around either filling other's buckets with kind words and deeds or emptying them by being nasty. It is a cute story and a great reminder. Thanks Mom!
In Primary we helped the kids make these little flower pots made from a tracing of their hand.
Here is a close-up of the little poem on the flower pot.
Ally made me this little flowerpot at school. It's so cute!
The flower petals say: I love you because..You are helpful, you keep me safe, you care about me, you love me, you are nice, and you sacrifice for me. Around the top of the flower pot she wrote, "Love is in Boom!" Love it! As well as, " I love you." She also glued some quotes on the pot for me. "Flowers have the sun; children have their Mothers." - Kay Andrew. "Love is the only flower that grows and blossoms without the aid of the seasons." - Kahlil Gibran. A Mother holds your hand for a while but your heart forever." - Unknown. "If love is sweet as a flower, then y Mother is that sweet flower of love." - Stevie Wonder.
This is the card that Ally made for me at school.
The last M says, love, nice, fun, kind, glasses, girl, beautiful, cool, lovely, and funny. She knows me so well, doesn't she?
The envelope, Ally said that Ryland helped color this with her.
This was one of Ally's in-class assignments last week. It is so funny. I love it.
If my Mom were a flower, she would be a rose, because she smells good. If my Mom were a song, she would be "If I could wish for one thing", because we are friends. If my Mom were a super hero, she would be All Star, because she is amazing. If my Mom were candy, she would be carmel, because she is sweet. If my Mom were a car, she would be a limo, because she is tall. If my Mom were a color, she would be the rainbow, because she is beautiful. If my Mom were an animal, she would be a cat, because they are graceful. If my Mom were a TV show, she would be Spongebob Squarepants, because she is funny.
This is the super cute card that Ryland made for me.
Ryland's Kindergarten class made these for their moms. I can't believe how well they were done. So accurate, and so cute!
The nursery went above and beyond and made these super cute plates for us. I love it!
Nate got me an hp Scanjet g4050 for Mother's Day! Yay! It should arrive sometime this week. He involved me in the process of picking this out so that we could find a scanner that fit all of our needs. We ordered it and it will be here sometime this week!

I am SUPER excited about this! I am finally going to have an amazing scanner in my possesion. No more paying someone to scan my negatives and slides, or having to go to someones house to scan things in. With as techie as Nate is I can't believe we have gone all of these years without a scanner. But, NO MORE! Yeehaw! So, if you come over and you don't find me in the yard doing Dirt Therapy, or I am not weilding a paint brush getting in some Paint Therapy, than I must be doing some Photo Therapy with my new SCANNER! Good times are definitely ahead!
It was a wonderful Mother's Day. One that I will always cherish. I definitely felt appreciated.


3 comments:
I LOVE that silhouette of Ryland! That is the coolest school Mother's day gift ever! Jealous!! Thanks for playing host yesterday. It's probably my turn one of these next ones! You've had to do it a lot lately!! Glad you had a great Mother's Day!
So glad that you recieved your sign today and like it. I cant wait to see where you hang it. Thanks again!
Now it is your turn to receive all of these wonderful cards and activities that your children have made for you! My advice is save it all and they will love to see then when they are older..
I have cherished all of my childrens creative works. Thanks for a wonderful day Sunday, I know its my turn too.
Post a Comment