Ally's hair is a lot like mine, in the sense that it takes FOREVER to grow. I almost feel like I have to literally pull my hair to get it to grow. Hers is the same. She has thin, super fine hair, just like mine as a child. It also won't hold a curl from a curling iron to save it's life. My hair is now thick and stubborn. It still won't hold a curl. I hardly ever bother curling Ally's hair with a curling iron, it simply won't hold and her hair gets damaged the second we put the curling iron on it. Which leads us to today. Back in January my sweet niece came and babysat our kids so Nate and I could go out. When we got home we were greeted with a VERY curly Ally. Through the curls the damage was very evident. I wasn't surprised when they told me that it took them hours to get the curls to hold. My heart sank. I didn't have the heart for days to tell Ally that her hair was damaged beyond repair. Not that we didn't try. We did numerous treatments, we trimmed it just a bit and tried to be ever so gentle with it. Why didn't we just cut it? Well, after weeks of trying to salvage it we decided to hold off cutting it until her Ballet recital in May was over. That way she could have her hair the same as the rest of her class. It was a long three months. Eash time I combed through her hair and fistfuls broke off I wanted to reach for the scissors and take care of it myself. Well, with the recital behind us now (pictures to come later), today was the day. To say that she wasn't excited is an understatement. While I was glad to be rid of the damaged hair I will admit that I have been dreading this day just as much as she. One of my absolute favorite things to do with Ally's hair is to put it in pig tails. I just love it and it says little girl to me so much. I am sad to think that by the time her hair is long enough to do it again, she won't let me. All of our years of waiting for her golden tresses to actually amount to something, gone.

Can you see how excited she is about being in the chair?

But wait, what's this? A smile. I think she is definitely okay with the after. Especially now that she has her glasses back on and can actually see how cute it looks.

I just love these next few pictures. I love the happiness I see in her face. Longer hair or not, she is just a cute little thing.


Look how healthy it is! Love the shine. Totally worth the cut. I will admit, she got to keep more length than I thought she would. We thought for sure it would be up to her chin. Good thing I didn't take the scissors to it myself, I would have just stopped short of scalping her. That's why you leave it to the professionals.


We were super excited to get home and see that it would still go into a VERY SHORT ponytail. Hurray! Maybe those pig tails aren't as far off as I thought.
1 comment:
It looks stinking cute! Love it!
Post a Comment