Sunday, May 2, 2010

Photo Shoot Sunday: April Showers

Alright, I know that it is technically May now, but I couldn't resist these photos for todays Photo Shoot Sunday. I remember this photo shoot. Isn't it funny how well we remember moments when we were the one behind the camera. I love how those moments are engrained in our memories once we start taking pictures.
Anyhow, I remember picking these super cute rain coats up at Sam's Club that spring and how the kids and I couldn't wait for it to be warm enough (no snow) and wet enough, to wear them. I think this was one of the first rainy days of spring. We all jumped at the chance to get them out and give them a test run. I remember taking a whole slew of photos of them on the stairs and how impatient they were with me to get them over with. They were just sure that the rain was going to stop before they got a chance to go outside and be wild in the rain while being protected by their uber-cool rain slickers.
The thing I remember that happened next? I barely managed to get a photo of each kid out in the rain. "It was too cold!" and "Too wet!" to last long. It felt very anti-climactic. Ah, such is life.
Here they are, back in the safe, warm, dry house. Victorious that they were able to brave the elements and live to tell about it.
(april 2006, ethan knocking on 7, ally 4 and a 1/2, and ryland 2 and a 1/2)

No comments: